Rewatched the irishman


God, what a depressing movie. I was watching it my myself for the first 30-50 mins, till my dad came home from hanging out with some guys. He saw I was watching it and he joined. We both laughed at a lot of the hoffa scenes. Until the final maybe hour and we got silent. Seeing frank kill his best friend and seeing frank and Russell at the retirement home hurt to see, and seeing frank all alone, like when he falls to the ground at his house and doesn’t bother asking for help because he knows that no one is there, the scene with the FBI where he asks who killed his lawyerAnd the end mostly, man so depressing frank asking the father to leave the door open, even though he probably knows no one is going to walk in. And the cut to black with the music playing. And my dad said right after it ended“Getting old, I hate it” and laughed.Movie is on Netflix watch it. Masterpiece and probably my favorite movie of 2019 next to the lighthouse via /r/movies https://ift.tt/AuMfezT
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts