Just rewatched Cop Land (1997) - one of my favourite crime drama featuring one of the best Stallone's performances


I always loved crime dramas, they are one of my favourite genres, and this movie is one of my favourites from this genre.The story follows a sheriff (Stallone) in a small New Jersey town inhabited and dominated by corrupt New York City cops. Their corruption grows until he can no longer allow himself to stand by and do nothing. This is like mix of crime, noir and western.One thing I like about this movie is that don't show you everything in the face. It implies some things.The movie is directed and written by James Mangold. That guy directed some interesting movies: Identity, Ford v Ferrari, 3:10 to Yuma, Walk the Line...Cop Land starts slowly, but it builds up pace troughout. Also it has amazing cast and great pefrormances. Stallone, Liotta, Keitel, DeNiro, Robert Patrick, Cathy Moriathy and some of the Sopranos cast.It's damn shame that Stallone didn't act in more serious roles. I love his action movies, but I would really like to see him these types of flicks when he shows some amazing acting. This is his one of his best performances up there with Rocky and First Blood. I would say same about Ray Liotta. It's shame that he didn't picked his roles more carefully. I can count his good movies on fingers.Also that ending shootout is brilliant. That deafness effect is well made.Would like to hear your thoughts on this movie. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/333R43N
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts