What's your favorite Stanley Kubrick Movie?


I recently watched Barry Lyndon, and it has now become my favorite first time experience ever. I can't stop thinking about it. First of all, it's gorgeous. Every frame is literally a painting. Secondly, I felt more connected to it, more than any of his other films. I've only seen 5 of em. This, 2001, Clockwork, Fullmetal, and the shining. All of the others feel somewhat detached from reality. The shining being the only one coming as close as Barry Lyndon to not being that. Barry Lyndon is kind of an average dude, experiencing somewhat extraordinary circumstances. There are elements/themes of fatherhood, aspirations and other similar stuff that you can connect with. Although it does have a lot of characters and storylines, it didn't feel confusing at any point. Also, I didn't feel bored at any moment for its entire 3hr duration. It has become my favorite Kubrick movie, but I also say that after watching each one of em lol. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3qhzUwb
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts