The recent Venom movies are a stark reminder of why Marvel movies didn't really take off in the late 90's early 2000's.


Look, I'm all for "dumb fun" movies, I've got nothing against them. Not everything needs to be Dune or Interstellar. Sometimes a semi-decent movie set in the backdrop of a Marvel universe can be entertaining, that's the point of movies. The thing is, these particular movies, IMO, feel like I've gone back in time to 2002. The same tired tropes, absolutely no explanation, literally dozens of plot holes, campy dialogue, and worst of all everything feels rushedAgain, I understand that these types of movies don't need to be cerebral. But I mean, you're really just gonna treat me like a kid by glossing over literally everything just to keep showing me an orgy of CGI?Maybe it's the usual meddling from the studios, idk. But I sat through the first one thinking, "well it's the first one, for sure by the second or third it won't feel so 'cheap".Then I saw the sequel. Like, who the fuck was the lady with the screaming? Did she teleport over from Kung Fu Hustle or some shit? Did I accidentally FF through some exposition in the first 10 minutes? BC I checked, twice.What are our thoughts? Are any of you as cynical and jaded as I am? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3CVimbT
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts