Jamie Foxx’s character in Law Abiding Citizen is one of the most unlikable protagonists ever.


Title says it all. I don’t think it was Foxx’s fault and it was more of the scripts in my opinion. Also I heard the rumours that he changed the ending of the film but I am sure it has been proven fake. Anyway, why is his character so badly written. In my opinion, it is because they gave him a good guy treatment but he wasn’t actually a good guy. He wasn’t corrupt but he made deals with murderers and did not really apologise to Clyde for what he did. It feels like he was supposed to be the antagonist but they changed it last second. I think this movie would have been better if it was Butler as a protagonist and Foxx as the antagonist. Than his character would make more sense. But as a whole, I never felt bad for his character. When I was at the start of the movie, I thought he would redeem himself later. I think that would have also been a better movie. If Foxx was still the protagonist, but he redeemed himself by feeling guilty over Clyde’s wife and daughter’s death over the 10 years. That guilt was always there and would make him a more human character. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3t7RvEI
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts