I didn't really "get" The Lighthouse (2019) and was hoping for some analysis to help break it down


I finally got around to seeing The Lighthouse. I really wanted to like this movie - I love surreal, psychological horror, generally enjoy Lovecraftian stories, like most A24 films I've seen, and consider The Witch in particular to be one of my favorite movies - so I had high hopes for Robert Eggers' next film.Unfortunately, I just didn't get it at all, and I feel like I'm missing a lot of the meaning behind it I was hoping someone could discuss. I know a lot of the ambiguity and open-endedness in the plot is intentional with the whole descent into madness/was it all imagined, but I feel like I'm missing some sort of context to make sense of it. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3jKfw1E
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts