Grave of the Fireflies


I finally got around to watching Grave of the Fireflies (1988) yesterday. I had heard that it was incredibly sad, but I didn't expect it to move me as much as it did. It legitimately ruined my night. By the end I didn't know what to do with myself. I just sat in my chair crying, desperately trying to think of something fun to do or watch to distract me. It really put me in a weird place mentally. It was almost like an out-of-body experience. I spent an hour and a half of my life so emotionally invested in Seita and his sister that I felt completely emotionally spent by the end. I'm trying not to cry just thinking about it as I write this. It's a beautifully and masterfully made movie that transcends its medium and pulls you into its world. Just do some emotional push ups before watching it. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2EUiLD7
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts