'Stand By Me' (1986) is such a powerful, emotional, and beautiful coming of age story


From the king of horror himself comes a story you would not expect at all haha. This movie is one I've heard about for years but just never sat down to watch it. I'm so happy I did! It's quite the beautiful story. This movie made me feel really nostalgic, both for the warm and fun of most 80's movies and for my years as a child. I never had this type of childhood nor did I have any friends like Gordie did, but this movie still felt so familiar, warm and kind to me. I think all the young actors did a great job and their individual backstories and troubles really makes you feel for themWhat made me really sad was seeing how great a young River Phoenix was in this film. He was great and knowing how young he was when he died just made me all the more sad. Especially because I'm currently the same age he was when he died (23). He could of had such a luxurious, great career and his performance in this movie proves it. It's really sad that his character in this movie is the one who passes away in such a tragic way. But it made the most sense because he seemed the closest with Gordie, so it had to be his character so that it would hit hard. Gordie and Chris had such a great friendship in this movie, it was quite moving to watch them talk to each other, be there for each other and to encourage one another to do great things with their livesOverall, the movie was quite sad, beautiful and bittersweet. I have such a love for coming of age movies. Movies that just show the passage of time and how life just comes and goes, no matter how much you participate in it. Life moves on whether you go with it or not. The movie also ended on such a beautiful note too."I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3fOGx0Y
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts