Recently watched Blade Runner 2049 at home, and it is a huge shock and saddening to me that this film didn't do well in the box office.


To begin, I think it's obvious to say that this film is a masterpiece. The atmosphere is chillingly captivating, the cinematography is stunning (thanks to Roger Deakins) and the acting is excellent - subtle, yet really intriguing - and Ryan Gosling did an outstanding performance.I even had a blast from rewinding the film for almost an hour to rejoice the magnificent views, angles - Mr. Roger Deakins' cinematography is epicly fabulous (and I do note that I spent five minutes searchimg for an adjective that most fits the statement).But after that, I turned to my phone, looked up the film and read the WikiPedia page and it absolutely surprised me that this beautiful masterpiece flopped. I watched a YouTube video about its box office failure and a main point he was trying to make was that the slow, subtle pacing along with the really long runtime didn't fit for an average viewer's standards. Although I do agree with his opinion, I can't help but really wonder if there's any more to it.This film really deserved more. Denis Villenueve is a really great director and I am looking forward to his next project, Dune. I am also going to continue to watch his other works like Sicario and Prisoners.Now, let me ask you: what do you think made this film flop? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2Z4p6Ui
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts