Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl is still a super fun movie and holds up pretty well


Honestly, I was surprised. This.movie came out when I was 14 (I.did see it 3 times in theaters) and I hadn't watched it in over 10 years. My wife had a hankering to watch it so we did.Wow! I was pleased how well the special effects held up (not perfect but pretty good), the action scenes were still great and seeing Johnny Depp in this original role was a great reminder how excellent of an actor he is.Another thing was, despite the big action set pieces, there were a few moments of.subtle humor, i.e. Will breaking the sconce when he was bringing the sword to the house.Overall, a super fun film! I know the franchise is huge and worn out now, and I know this is a tent pole movie and not a hidden gem or anything, but if you haven't watched this movie in awhile give it another watch. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/30pDtSj
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts