Green Room is a work of violent realism.


I'm not much of a horror movie fan. There are a few exceptions (The Shining, Alien, The Thing) and I added Green Room to that list. After finishing this movie I felt different from any other time I had seen a film. There was no real satisfaction in the end. I was left uncomfortable with what I witnessed, and that's the point. Sure, its good Anton and Imogen's characters survived. Unlike other horror films though the main villain's death is underwhelming and it is for good reason. Unlike IT, Alien, or a war film even though you're rooting for The Ain't Rights, every violent moment in this film is shocking and upsetting. You don't cheer even though the Neo-Nazis deserve it, you just wish none of what your watching had ever happened. By it's end Green Room has shown you how hollow and pointless hate and violence leaves the world. Our two heroes are left permanently scarred in mind and body, waiting for an uncertain future. Both of them likely wishing they could have just gone home with their friends to live another day. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/395zQ8j
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts