JoJo Rabbit was one of the best films I've ever seen.


When this movie came out in theaters, the trailer only had me sorta interested. So after being stuck at home for what feels like an eternity, I decided to pay and rent it.After spending the last few years watching movies filled with superheros, action, fantasy, etc, I felt I would check out something different. The trailer reminded me of Wes Anderson films, which I do enjoy. I wasn't sure if I was about to watch a comedy, or a drama, or what. As all I had to go off of was the trailer.Overall, the direction of this movie was amazing. You always knew the people you were watching were generally awful people. It never explains to you what was happening during WWII and frankly never shows much of it. The movie took that for granted. The things that were happening off screen were death and destruction. However, the film was able to juggle the whimsy and innocence of being a child and focus purely on that.The moments that brought any of that back into the screen were just shocking, jaw dropping, and brought this movie full circle.I'm not a cinema expert by any means, but going into this movie with almost no expectations, I felt this movie had a premise and uniqueness that I haven't seen in a new release in years. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/35x6a1T
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts