Toni Collette should get a nomination for Hereditary


Not that I care that much about who the Academy thinks is best, I think it would be really cool and well-deserved if Toni Collette at least gets a nomination for Hereditary. For me, it was the best female performance I saw all year. She must have really had to dig deep down into some real personal shit in order to deliver the emotions present in Hereditary. And she hits a range of emotional beats: anger, resentment, grief, trying to forgive, and (Spoiler) ultimately becoming possessed. I don’t think it will happen, but she deserves some big recognition (an Oscar) for her performance. Do people agree? Have you seen better performances this year? via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2F3nyQL
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts