"The Hobbit: The Original Two-Film Structure" fan edit is by far the best way to watch The Hobbit and you should give it a chance


I just finished watching this fan edit and I had to make a post to hopefully spread the word about how great this edit is. I couldn't find a whole lot of information about it online, but I decided to give it a shot and I'm so glad that I did. I've watched one other fan edit of The Hobbit before, the Maple Films edit, and while I enjoyed it, it was far from perfect so I kept looking for other fan edits. This one definitely fit the bill for me! If you absolutely hated the original Hobbit trilogy, this edit likely won't change your mind. But if you're like me and enjoyed bits of the original films, this edit perfectly trims the fat and cleans everything up. All of the little annoying and stupid parts are cut, all of the good stuff from the extended editions was seamlessly added in, the movies feel much more focused, character motivations are so much clearer. The fantastic performances, especially Martin Freeman, were able to shine through in a way they never could in the original versions. All of the bloat that dragged down the original movies is gone and you're left with two excellent films that stand right along side the LOTR trilogy in my mind.For the most part the editing is completely seamless. There is only one small part in the first film where the editing was just a bit choppy. But I may have only noticed it because I knew it was different from the original cut.I can't say enough good about this edit. It truly "fixed" the Hobbit movies for me and this is the only way I'll watch these films from now on.The biggest downside to this is there isn't a convenient way to download and watch them. You have to download two giant iso files from Mega. It's well worth the effort.Edit: A few misplaced words via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2MCbXKj
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts