What are the dumbest movie marketing tie-ins you've ever seen?


I'll get the obvious out of the way: The Lorax 2012 promoting so, so many environmentally unfriendly products. Also The Grinch 2000 really going overboard with its marketing when the movie itself has a really obvious and in your face "Anti-commercializing Christmas" message.Another one I've seen I can't help but think "What the hell are they thinking?" is fatherhood.gov had marketing tie-ins with The Lion King 2011's re-release and one of the Hotel Transylvania movies. And...why? Why would cartoon characters from kids movies inspire grown ass adults to be better fathers?Is any adult man really gonna think "I was gonna beat my kid but Adam Sandler Dracula taught me not to"? Like I really doubt it.Same with when they have animated characters promoting cars. They did it with The Rugrats Movie and Jimmy Neutron and it's like...why would Tommy and Angelica Fucking Pickles influence anyone old enough to have a license what car they should drive? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/xsPm675
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts