PSA: Blow Out (1981) by Brian De Palma is very much worth your time


Just saw the movie is having a Criterion Blu-Ray release in September and seemed like a good time to remind people how great it is.I was pretty skeptical when I saw John Travolta because I always associated him with his more blockbuster-y roles. But he Acts in this. And John Lithgow is pretty terrifying as the antagonist.It’s cool too that Blow Out is De Palma’s retelling of Antonioni’s famous film Blow Up. Blow Out serves as a great blueprint for how to be re-imagine and make a story your own.Plus, the climax has one of my favorite shots in movie history. The cinematography really pops off at various points.Highly recommend a watch. Or even a re-watch as I’m sure a good number of you have caught this before.Cheers! via /r/movies https://ift.tt/EpLJryH
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts