12 angry men (1957) made me realise how ignorant I was.


So before any one complaints on how I'm ignorant to old movies, I'll say it myself, I am. I'm a teenager grew up watching only colour films on my TV. The oldest movie I have seen until now was The Godfather. I have been in this sub for more than a year and I have seen more than 300 movies thanks to this community actively suggesting me movies to watch. I have obviously been recommended old movies, black and white so to speak like "some like it hot", "Casablanca", "12 angry men" and the list goes on and on. Never seen a black and white movie and a movie that was made more than 6 decades ago made me ignorant and made me think that older movies are boring with all the old fashioned typical cinema and believe me I'm pretty pissed at myself that I had that mindset. After getting 12 angry men recommended to me so many times I thought let's give it a shot it's only 90 minutes and oh boy that was a ride. At the start of the movie when I heard that old music play which was a common background music for movies of the time I started to think it was a mistake to watch it, then it started to pick up the pace and within the blink of an eye it was over, left me craving for more. Then I realised I didn't even notice the w/b. So to all the young people in this sub who haven't seen an old movie, a b/w movie because you think it's b/w and old please watch it and if anyone hasn't seen 12 angry men please do yourselves a favour. It was an amazing watch and as to be one of my favourite films. I'd love it if some of you can recommend me some old movies. I'll watch Casablanca and some like it hot ofc. Thank you for being patient and reading this whole thing. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/1qG7fou
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts