Is Troy (2004) treated unfairly?


I'm not going to argue that Troy should have swept the Oscars, or should be remembered as a transformative film, but I don't think it's treated fairly. From what I understand, the commercial success of The Lord of the Rings and Gladiator played a big role in getting Troy produced, and it did have lots of financial success — an action-packed swords and sandals piece is what people wanted at the time. I think people look at Troy, see Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom, and conclude that it's just a braindead action movie set 3000 years in the past. I would say that Troy is a "decent" film; not great, but not terrible. Still an enjoyable watch. Brad Pitt and Eric Bana are fine; their rivalry is exciting to watch. Brian Cox and Brendan Gleeson were good, and Peter O'Toole is always fun. I also love the costumes. The critics were very hard on it when it came out. What do you think? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3yZLa1k
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts