Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (1977) is SUCH a good movie!


Before you send me to r/moviescirclejerk hear me out. I just finished watching Close Encounters Of The Third Kind and it has now become one of my favorite films.I'm actually mad I didn't watch this film sooner, Close Encounters really isn't about the aliens, it's about people having Close Encounters with aliens, so if you still haven't watched this film (??????????) Just keep this in mind (also spoilers)I just have to say that man Spielberg really knows how to present wonder, I was actually crying when the aliens actually show up, that along with the rousing score really makes you feel like you're seeing real life aliens for the first time.And speaking of the rousing score John Williams knocked it out of the park (as expected) the switch from the dread filled score of Jaws to the wonder filled score of Close Encounters is breathtaking. I was actually surprised that they were scored by the same person.The special effects truly stand the test of time, the UFO's look so convincing I almost thought that Steven Spielberg filmed actual UFO's lol.And the last 20 minutes are truly spectacular, even if you're bored by the film, the last 20 minutes are worth the price of admission alone, if you're anything like me, you'll be crying tears of tears of joy.And I absolutely loved some of the suspenseful moments, like when Roy first encounters the UFO, or when Barry is abducted by the aliens.Overall this film is incredible, the visuals, the score, everything is perfect, the one minor flaw I have with the film is that it's not very character driven, other than Roy no one else is given that much development,but given Roy is the central character it's really not that big a deal.If you still have not watched Close Encounters Of The Third Kind stop whatever you're doing and watch it now! It's well worth your time. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3yXfeuC
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts