Theaters should feature curated films, not just new ones.


I don't know what the movie going experience is going to be like once the world reopens. But I do hope there continues to be a movie going experience. I would love it if movie theaters also showed older films along with new ones: classic films, great genre films, AFI top films, blockbusters, predecessors to upcoming sequels. And also if they made it personal- that specific theater's curated, idiosyncratic list. Something that says something about its locality and the people that most often visit it.I'm sure there are complications having to do with the distribution model that I can't even imagine. And of course new movies will take precedence. But wouldn't it be amazing to be able to see Dredd in 3D again? Or take the kids to Ghibli night at the local silver screens? I want movie theaters to survive and I know some movie theaters do stuff like this but it is not at all widespread. When we go back to the movies, lets go back to movies. I want to watch movies that I missed or had their theatrical run before my time. Every theater can be its own film festival.Do you agree? Would this make financial sense for theaters? What problems would need solving for this to work? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/38V6aMe
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts