The Day After is the most terrifying, most depressing movie I have ever seen without even being a horror movie and I recommend everyone to watch it.


The only way to win is not to play. - Wargames, 1983You can watch the movie for free on YouTube.I have never had a movie send me into a complete and utter depression and destroy my will to live more than this movie right here.People who didn't live through the Cold War don't think about/fear thermonuclear war anymore, and after watching this film, I fear thermonuclear war and cannot imagine how they felt in 1962, or during Able Archer '83.The portrayal of the complete and utter destruction a single thermonuclear weapon would reak on real human beings was enough to send shivers down my spine and convince me the world and life means nothing (life of course means something, I am referring to my own life). I believe we rarely think of thermonuclear war, and when we do, we rarely think of the real human effect of such a conflict. We mostly think in terms of numbers of lives lost, explosion radius in kilometers or miles, or number of megatons, but we never think about the individual people. We never think about the nuclear fallout. We never think about the effects of radiation sickness on the scale of hundreds of thousands or even millions of people.I highly recommend everyone watch this movie, it is absolutely fantastic and is terrifying.FUN FACT: The closest we've ever come to nuclear was probably on 26 September 1983 when a Soviet early warning system saw the launch of 5 missiles from bases in the United States. Instead of relaying the command immediately to his superiors and essentially starting a thermonuclear conflict, Stanislov Petrov, a Lieutenant Colonel in the Russian Air Defense Forces, against regulations, decided to wait for corroborating evidence as he thought the strike was too small for an American first strike. For this, he was punished and essentially forced out of the military.I very much hope you enjoyed this recommendation. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3esN17T
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts