Movies that have unlikable protagonist with no redeeming qualities. (e.g. I care a lot)


I've just watched "I care a lot", and what could have been a great film with amazing performances got me super disappointed with a terrible writing (especially at the 2nd half of it).this film did something kind of special for me, it's main character was a terrible, unlikable person, with no qualities or charm to it whatsoever. I can't really think of something similar though, most villans/bad people have something that makes us at least understand their reasons and/or not want them dead from the first 30 minutes. Think Breaking Bad, The Wolf of wall street, even Gone Girl, all the bad people in those have something likable to them, but in "I care a lot" I found no one to sympathise with, and the film was heavily rooting for and following the villan in a way I found it kind of demoralizing.Rosmund Pike's character was truly horrendous, cruel, and i didn't find any reason as a viewer to like her. So, my question would be this: what are some other movies that did have terrible people with no redeeming qualities as its protagonist, (but maybe with a better writing/story arch)? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3ekiSHS
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts