What are some examples of overused character tropes that are harmful to the group of people they are portraying?


This topic recently peaked my interest and would like to hear some examples I might not have thought of. I've already asked r/AskReddit about this and I didn't get much of a response.Some examples I already have are:Minority (usually black) woman whose sole purpose is to be best friends with the attractive white protagonist and gives life-changing advice just before the climax of the movieThe fat woman whose the butt of every joke and no character is allowed to be attracted to unless they are equally as 'pathetic'I find this a pretty interesting topic and would like to hear your thoughts on it via /r/movies https://ift.tt/35UONdI
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts