With the success of Hamilton, I hope we see more live recordings of musicals


Broadway has traditionally been inaccessible for a significant portion of the country. Even touring shows can be prohibitively expensive for some. Having live recordings available on streaming makes theatre available for everyone. That's important, it introduces a new art form to kids everywhere. I was fortunate to see Cats live when I was a kid. The music still brings a smile to my face. I would love to see a professionally done live recording. Wicked and The Book of Mormon are two others that don't have a film adaptation.Personally, I enjoyed that:a) You can see the emotion on every actor's face. Even in the first few rows it can be hard to make out expressions. Anywhere farther back and this is missed.b) The audio was clear and with subtitles I don't miss a single word. I've had difficulty hearing portions of a number of shows I've seen due to the acoustics of the theater and my seat location. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2VOx3e3
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts