Who else was disappointed with Dunkirk?


So I finally saw it about 2 months ago and was sorely disappointed. I liked the cinematography and some of the performances, but there wasn't much else I felt fully invested in or worth caring about. Hans Zimmer's score was so self-indulgent and killed any tension that could've been garnered without his score blaring throughout entire scenes that didn't call for it; it was so overused that there were moments I thought Batman would appear.I didn't find myself caring about any of the characters because frankly I thought they were all bland and uninteresting. I read somewhere that the characters were actually deliberately made this way to make them seem like ordinary Joe Schmo's so that the audience would feel like they were watching real soldiers as opposed to conventionally written movie characters. This 'explanation' didn't make me find them any less boring. The overall plot never evoked any tension for me either and didn't feel groundbreaking at all.I thought it was technically impressive but narratively lacking. Just my opinion though. What do you guys think? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2WaXjzK
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts