What are the best epic films, like Braveheart, Lawrence of Arabia, even Game of Thrones early seasons, that are less well known?


I feel like Ive tapped the well pretty good. Seen everything from Braveheart, LoA, Gladiator, Troy, Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut, Alexander, Spartacus, King Arthur Ridley Scott and the Clive Owen one and the new one, Robin Hood the new one (which I enjoyed imperfect as it was), and the Russell Crowe one, Excalibur, Pompeii (meh), Gods of Egypt (OK but would prefer much better), etc.Looking for good recommendations ones I haven't watched. I feel like there if there is a gap of ones I would enjoy that I missed, maybe it would be from the 1970s to the early 1990s. Problem is all things being equal, I like the newer films with the depth of older films better than the older films with the depth of older films but lacking the pacing and effects the newer (but pre-over-reliance-on-CGI) newer films.I also probably missed lots of great Asian ones, although I saw Hero, House of Flying Daggers, Crouching Tiger, etc, and really liked them. But the rest I probably missed, like Seven Samurai etc. But I dont get access to a lot of those on my subscriptions. Also maybe Russian movies or any other foreign big budget epics. I heard the Soviet Union's War and Peace is great, but I worry it would be overlong and boring. But I may check that out. I am open to the best films from anywhere and any era, but all else being equal prefer ones from 1985 to 2010 than ones before.Also like any epic adventure, sci fi, or fantasy, etc. Animated films work for me too. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2CZ9pFa
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts