Just re-watched Hot Fuzz. Edgar Wright is in complete command of his craft in this movie


It’s amazing how much fun you have watching this movie even when there’s no plot development on screen. The constant smash and jump cuts, use of music, quick fire dialogue, absorbing characters; this film does not allow you to be bored. I’m a big fan of the Cornetto trilogy in general but I think Wright hit his peak here. I could talk for hours about why every element in this film just works but I realise this has been discussed often - however, after re-watching it and really concentrating on and appreciating the direction, I couldn’t not post anything. A true comic auteur and one with such a true passion for his craft. Just brilliant via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3280j3o
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts