Have you ever watched a movie without realizing it was meant to take place in the past?


When I first watched "The Perks of Being a Wallflower", I honestly had no idea that the movie was supposed to take place in the 90s. I previously heard that the movie was based on the novel written in the 90s, but I just assumed that the movie itself was meant to take place in then-present time (2012). It was only after I checked the Wikipedia page and read some discussion boards that I found out the movie, too, took place in the 90s (in 1992, according to Wikipedia).Looking back at it, there was no social media and I'm pretty sure no cellphones at all in that movie, even though the main characters were teenagers. But the plot was investing enough (not to mention dialogue-heavy) that I didn't notice that at all. If there was a time card at the beginning or any other clues, I must have missed them.Have you ever watched a movie without even realizing it was meant to take place in the past? If so, which one? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3gldS3v
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts