Recently rewatched The Truman Show (1998). Holds up really well.


I got the DVD at a garage sale a couple years ago, and completely forgot about it about watching once or twice. Yesterday, I wanted to watch something so I looked in my DVD collection and there it was. Like I said, I hadn’t seen it in a while, so I popped it in the DVD player and watched it.Great movie. Jim Carrey’s performance was really good, considering he was only in comedies at the time like Dumb and Dumber and Ace Ventura. This showed that he had depth in his performances. I was hooked throughout the movie because of his performance. I mean, everyone is great in this movie. Ed Harris, Natasha McElhone, Laura Linney, and Noah Emmerich are all very convincing on their roles.The soundtrack is one of my all-time favorites, too. Philip Glass is an excellent composer. The songs are ambrosia to the ears. All in all, it’s an amazing soundtrack.I think the main reason it’s so good, is because it’s very possible that it could happen, and it does feel a bit like that is happening in these historic times. I don’t really think people can clearly distinguish a line between life and a Hollywood film now. It’s crazy, but this movie makes it look very plausible. That’s what it does so well.There are also documentaries people make about The Truman Show itself, not the movie, and they are really interesting.WARNING: Potential spoilers ahead.Throughout the film, Truman wants to go to Fiji. When I watched the movie, I assumed they were hiding all these signs and advisories (You’ll know what’s I’m talking about) to stall Truman and keep him from going to Fiji. But the documentary has a scene where the crew is rehearsing a fake flight to Fiji, which was very intriguing.SPOILERS OVER.All around, just a very thought-provoking and powerful film. There’s also a bit of horror in there, too if you think about it. Great movie. Okay, recommendation over. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2Wfk3ih
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts