I think its safe to say that Lord of the Rings is still the best by long shot of the massive movie franchises, even 20 years later


(All of this is just my opinion, obviously)The biggest movie franchises of the last 20 years are Marvel, Harry Potter, Star Wars (sequels and spin offs), Fast and Furious, Transformers and Pirates of the Caribbean.Are any of these even close to as good as Lord of the Rings?Marvel is definitely the biggest of all of them, based on the size of the fan base. And while the movies are fun enough to watch, some of them are below average and even the best ones are pretty shallow movies. The best ones are genuinely well made movies, but other than that they are quite forgettable.I haven't seen Harry Potter much since the theaters, and I've never read the books, so my opinion on them isn't a super reliable one. But I do remember these movies being quite enjoyable for the most part. Acting, cinematography, music, its all really good. I do remember, however, being pretty bored at times and not caring for all of the content within these movies, just because there's so much of it that I'd rather have just gotten to the plot. Like I said though, my memory of them isn't too good.The Star Wars sequels started average and ended in a dumpster fire. I love both spin offs though.Fast and Furious should really be compared to LOTR just because they're completely different and F&F isn't really going for the same level of profoundness (is that a word?) as LOTR. I just put it here because it's another billion dollar franchise.Lmao TransformersPirates of the Caribbean 1 is one of my favorite movies actually. After that the franchise went on a straight downward slope. Every movie was worse than the last. The 5th one is basically just a F&F movie set in the 1700s.But Lord of the Rings is just so, so, SO much better than all of these. If you watch the Extended editions you have like 12 hours worth of movie to watch and I never get bored during a second of it. LOTR is leavues above all of these franchises. It really shouldn't even be compared to some of them.Which of these is even close to the consistent quality of the LOTR movies?Do you guys agree with me or am I still blinded by nostalgia? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2WBn3oa
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts