I have rarely felt as much pity for any antagonist in a movie or tv show, as I felt in "The Fly".


Here are some quick observations on this fantastic movie.At just shy of 100 min, it moves at an incredibly brisk pace and feels like it's only a quarter of it's length.Jeff Goldblum is the perfect casting for Seth Brundle and gives an amazing performance.Howard Shore's sweeping orchestral score elevates the story by giving it the feel of a Shakespearean tragedy (which it is).But what I was struck by most is how much pity and sadness I felt at the end. The haunting music and the look of anguish on Geena Davis's face in the final moments... I really felt that. I didn't expect sadness to be the prevailing emotion after this 80's horror classic.Have you ever felt such sadness for an antagonist? Please share. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3b8RGXq
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts