What "perfect" movie has a flaw no one discusses?


I just watched Singing in the Rain on the big screen for the first time. Seen it a lot and I honestly love it. Especially the first third just plasters a big smile on my face. The Meta nature of it, the surprisingly mature humor, the dancing...it's all great.Then there's the giant "Broadway" number that I always simply forget about...the one with the random Russian lady he's attracted to...and it's all just one giant tangent from the real movie. I totally do think that the one section with the flowing huge dress is absolutely stunning cinematographically, but boy does that section fucking DRAG in something that's so high paced.I also am of the opinion that the second half or so of Superbad drags (once they arrive at the "adult party"). I love the first half and so much great shit goes on, but I feel like the plot just stalls mid-air at points.Shoutout to Back to the Future for having absolutely no fat. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2YCVzBE
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts