Meeting John Carpenter


Not sure if this is appropriate for this sub, but thought I'd share. Feel free to delete.I got the chance to meet John Carpenter ("The Thing", "Halloween", "Big Trouble in Little China" "They Live", " "Escape from New York", etc.) at Keystone Comic Con a few weeks ago. He signed my "The Thing" DVD, I got to ask him filmmaking advice during a Q & A, and got a photo-op with him and a replica of the car from "Christine" (I'll post the pic if anyone is interested.)SEMI SPOILERS FOR "THE THING" BELOWFor context, "The Thing" is my favorite movie of his. It was the first horror movie my Dad ever showed me when I was 12. It made me want to make horror movies. The copy I had him sign was even the same copy I used to rent from our local DVD rental place before it went out of business, so it was really personal to me.As I shook his hand after the photo, I asked him quickly, "I just wanted to know, the end of "The Thing" is so ambiguous. Do YOU even know what happened?" He chuckled, leaned in and said with a sly grin, "I DO know...and I'm NOT going to tell you."So, yeah, just a cool experience I thought I'd share. Sorry if this is spam. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2UiXiaN
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts