Tenet might be the weakest Nolan film ever.


I watched Tenet last night. I was so very disappointed by it.Not only is there virtually no character development, but there are literally no emotions in this film and too little time for audience to get acquainted to the concept Nolan is basing this film on.To be very honest, the first hour of Tenet was filler. Long expositions over loud music followed by actions scenes based on those expositions which I wasn't able to register in my mind making those actions scenes virtually mean nothing to me. I was very surprised how this film felt fast paced and slow paced simultaneously.I was annoyed by Kat. To my understanding, Nolan added Kat and her child so that audience have an emotional attachment to a character in this shallow, surface level film. It didn't work. She was one of the weakest points of Tenet.Now coming to the concept itself, I am a Nolan fan and in the past have understood his films in a single watch. This film was an exception. I didn't understand it at all and the final showdown meant nothing to me. I didn't know what and why they are doing what they are doing. Which made the ending of the film impact-less and very anti-climactic. I even read several pages on the internet explaining this film but still in the end, the finale was unsatisfactory.In my opinion, films shouldn't have to be watched twice to be understood properly.To those people who understood this film and enjoyed it, great. But to me this Tenet is the most Nolan-esque film ever and not in a good way. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2KJv8FB
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts