I rewatched Brick (2005) recently and I enjoyed how the Film Noir tropes fit so well into the school setting, it's a shame we don't get more of these genre mashups today


I know to an extent every film is a genre mashup as Everything is a Remix but by borrowing so heavily from one genre and putting it into what could have been a very generic school murder/mystery film it transformed it into an original piece of cinema.Other examples of this could be Inception (Heist Film), Inglorious Basterds (Western) and probably Cowboys vs Aliens but that film didn't work out too well.Even Searching (2018) was a good use of the "Found Footage" style of storytelling which I hadn't really seen before. I'm still waiting for the first "Found Footage Romantic Comedy" via /r/movies https://ift.tt/33E14kO
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts