Ed Wood 1994


I finally saw Ed Wood last night, and it blew me away. I've always loved movies about movies (except every A Star is Born but the first) and I don't know why it took me so long to see it. This was by far the best performance I've ever seen Johnny Depp give; he played the role with such sincerity. But the crowning glory was certainly Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi. Had the rest of the film been terrible, it would be worth seeing just for his performance. The other bright spots were the direction and cinematography; filming this like a terrible B movie was a fantastic idea and pretty brave for the 90's, IMO. The only Tim Burton I ever liked was Beetlejuice but this one tops that. The film left me with a smile on my face last night, and I'm still smiling. I'll be watching Plan 9 from Outer Space tonight, and I can't wait! via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3mi5vcJ
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts