Do you ever feel so disturbed by a movie it sticks with you?


I’m not a queasy or soft movie viewer. Practically nothing gets to me with gore, violence, profanity, etc.However; there is one scene that haunts me to this day, that being the opening scene in Midsommar. When I first watched this scene, I literally turned of the movie off and took an hour long break before continuing. Something about the way it was presented, the acting, the event itself. It’s extremely disturbing and haunting to me.I had just a sense of dread from watching that scene for weeks to come, I couldn’t get it out of my mind. It stuck with me, like legitimate trauma. I know it’s fake but it felt so real.My roommates were watching it tonight and even though I’ve never experienced a “trigger” that’s what imagined one felt like. I got extremely anxious and left the room. That scene is messed up and disturbing beyond my comprehension. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3l25qJH
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts