The 2013 movie 'Her' starring Joaquin Phoenix and Scarlet Johansson genuinely surprised me.


I'm on Joaquin Phoenix bend right now because of Joker and I thought why not watch 'Her' cause it was on itinerary and I heard good things about it.I didn't know shit about this movie I only knew Joaquin Phoenix and Scarlet Johansson was in this and maybe also Rooney Mara.I was expecting a a character study of a deeply disturbed person like Taxi Driver or what Joker is trying to do ( I haven't seen it yet).My impression of this movie was that it was gonna show a toxic and disturbing relationship between a man and an A.I.But what I got was still a character study, but it was so warm and hopeful. Theodore in this movie was just a lonely man suffering from divorce and the Samantha the A.I was so human and a completely different type of A.I than what is usually portrayed in movies.I genuinely thought that it was going to about robot apocalypse but it was really about growth and understanding.I also didn't know Any Adams was in this and my jaw hit the floor when I saw Chris Pratt was also in this movie.This movie is probably the romantic movie I have seen in ages. It's not about a human and an A.I getting it on it's about two people who are growing with each other and it made my day.tldr; I expected a disturbing character study but got one of the most heartwarming movies I have seen. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/30Ndbb3
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts