Watched Batman 1989 on the big screen for the first time.


Holy shit it was glorious. My apartment complex has a mini-theater that I rented for the night.I randomly decided to see what it'd be like to watch Batman 89 on the big screen.Wow.It looked phenomenal. It was easily the most positive experience I had with the movie.Watching it as an adult is also a rewarding experience, because it really isn't a 'kids' movie at all.Growing up, I kept getting bored watching all the talking and just wanted to see Batman beat up some thugs, but as an adult watching it on the big screen...I can fully appreciate the production design and the scope of the movie.Watching it on tv has the adverse effect of revealing the movie's flaws. Gotham looks like more of a set and you notice the same Monarch Theater in every shot.But on the big screen, it's like it became a window to another dimension. Hearing Elfman's score on the speakers was transfixing.I wasn't alive to see 89 in theaters, but I'm glad I was able to have a near experience of it. 👍👍 via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2GnLEVw
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts