Who else wants to see Paul Verhoeven make another satirical science fiction movie?


Paul Verhoeven is the man. He's made some of my favorite science fiction movies of all time with RoboCop and Total Recall. I've also enjoyed a lot of movies from his Hollywood era, which includes his historical movie, Flesh+Blood, erotic thriller Basic Instinct, and Starship Troopers. I even enjoy Showgirls. The only movie from this era I don't really care for is Hollow Man. Despite great effects, this movie didn't grab me as much as Verhoeven's other works.After Hollow Man, Verhoeven returned to Europe and made three movies:Black Book (2006): World War II drama with Carice van Houten. This one is great and definitely watch it if you get the chance.Elle (2016): Thriller with Isabelle Huppert. This one I found okay but Isabelle Huppert can still get it and this movie really loves "Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop.Benedetta (2021): A movie about Benedetta Carlini, a novice nun in the 17th century who joins an Italian convent and has a lesbian love affair with another nun. Another great movie, there's a scene here that left me speechless. If you've seen the movie you may know what I'm talking about.With that said, I would love it if Verhoeven made another satirical science fiction movie in the vein of RoboCop or Starship Troopers. Maybe a live-action adaptation of Transmetropolitan could fit the bill?Not to mention Verhoeven is returning to the United States to work on the movie "Young Sinner" so maybe it could happen one day? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/MuBh8d9
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts