Most of the recent movies I've seen in theaters have been ruined in some way by disruptive people. Movie theaters need to find better ways of dealing with this problem.


Obligatory: I'm writing this because today, a grown adult, in my 2pm matinee of Doctor Strange, fell asleep and snored through the last third of the movie. He was with people. I asked them if they could wake him up or at the very least keep him quiet, and they did. He fell back asleep 2 minutes later and they wouldn't wake him up again.What the hell am I supposed to do at that point? I'm not about to chance an escalated confrontation with a stranger, there are no employees in the theater, and if I get up and leave the movie, I'll end up missing a bunch of it anyway.Something like this has happened almost every time I've gone to the theater this year. Is it too much to ask that I sit in the theater and have an uninterrupted movie, start to finish? When someone is disruptive in a movie, why is it on us as audience members to handle the problem? There's no scenario in which the problem is solved without victims of disruptive assholes having all or part of their experience ruined.Leaving the theater to get an employee/manager to ask someone to leave just isn't good enough. I'm not missing potentially important parts of the movie I came here to see just because someone decided not to be considerate to others. Maybe there should be something like an app that people can use to report disturbances without having to leave the auditorium. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/8WGDT7o
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts