The Martian is my go-to movie when I feel lonely


If you haven't seen the movie, it's about an astronaut that is stranded in Mars and has to survive for ~2 years for the rescue mission to arrive.Being an expat that moved by myself 5 years ago, this movie helps me feel less lonely. The protagonist never gets depressed or anxious. There's only a few scenes where he gets emotional, but for the most part, judging by the cheerful background music, he doesn't feel lonely and instead learns to work with the environment. He understands the uniqueness of his endeavor ("i'm the first person alone in Mars", "i'm the first person to grow crops in Mars", etc.). It resonates a lot with me, how everything was new when I moved and how I initially didn't have a support system. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/0ZNFyat
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts