Nausicaä from Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is one of the most badass characters in film


First off, I want to say that I absolutely love this movie. It's not my favourite Miyazaki or Ghibli (yes, I include it under the Ghibli banner) since that's Princess Mononoke, but Nausicaä is still a ten out of ten for me.Everything about the movie is incredible - the score, the animation, the dialogue, the themes - but Nausicaä as a character makes it stand out for me as a truly great film. The combination of caring, badass, thoughtful and intelligent is really well done, and at no point do I ever feel like it's undeserved.She's clearly loved by the people of the Valley of the Wind, and there's plenty of times where there's a character like that where it doesn't feel earned or deserved, that adoration. At no point do I feel that about Nausicaä, and at no point do I feel like Miyazaki is trying too hard to make her a badass. It's just how she is, and it's a really impressive feat. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3E0tLrV
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts