My grandma is in charge of a twice weekly movie showing at her assisted living facility and she’s running out of ideas…help me help her find some fresh titles!


So my Mamaw is 98 (turning 99 at the end of this month) and she lives in an assisted living facility in North Carolina. When she moved there 5 years ago she saw that weekend afternoons didn’t have anything going on so she started showing a movie on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. She usually has around 25 people, typically mostly female, who come to the showings. The audience is, as you might have guessed, an older crowd. They tend to not like things with nudity or a lot of sexual references or lewd humor or a lot of cursing. She unfortunately hasn’t kept a list of everything she’s shown but she’s running low on ideas. Over the years I’ve tried to keep my rec’s to more uplifting or funny or endearing titles. I got her to watch Joe Vs The Volcano and she’s showing that this weekend along with the Pursuit of Happyness. I think last week was Kramer vs Kramer and an older movie I wasn’t familiar with. I’d like to stay away from anything too dark or depressing. She has to have them on dvd so they have to be titles I can find online and ship to her. So, with those very loose guidelines in mind, any recommendations? All are greatly appreciated and will be put in to a list for her to choose from. Then I’ll be ordering the ones she thinks sound good! I’m looking forward to all of your thoughts!! via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3Abnac1
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts