Childhood Movies: Sky High (2005)


Before the Marvel Cinematic Universe was born, before the Dark Knight or Logan, there was Sky High. I loved this movie as a kid and I still like watching it to this day primarily because Disney rarely makes movies like this anymore. They make plenty of superhero movies, but nothing that's not either Marvel/Stars Wars or a remake of a past animated movie. Nowadays, I can see something like this being released on Disney+ (with maybe a lower budget) or as an animated series, but not as a theatrically released movie.To summarize why I enjoy this movie, I like the setting (a school of superheroes). I like the idea of a guy discovering his powers while also navigating high school. I like all the meta jokes regarding superhero culture. It's just a really fun movie.The cast for this movie is also unbelievable. Kurt Russell, Kelly Preston, Bruce Campbell, Lynda Carter, Dave Foley, Jim Rash, Kevin McDonald, Cloris Leachman, etc. Of course as a kid, I didn't realize the insane amount talent this movie had, but as an adult, it just makes it even better!Plus, it has Mary Elizabeth Winstead as the villain. Yes please! via /r/movies https://ift.tt/39DiiRN
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts