Prisoners (2013) is such an intese and heavy movie


I watched Nightcrawler yesterday and coincidentally there was a thread about it on the subreddit as well. Reading through it there was a user who mentioned having watched Nightcrawler and Prisoners in back to back nights and it being a great experience. So I figured I might as well watch Prisoners today and I went in completely blind.And man what a fucking crazy movie. It was so intense and I need to share some thoughts. Even 40 minutes after finishing I feel my heart beating and I'm shook. The atmosphere was so good, it was intense basically throughout. The subtle hints and pieces connecting everything together was great, and the way they make you change your view on the two suspects is great as well."They didn't cry until I left them" was such a creepy line and made you think Paul Dano's character was a psycopath and him taking all that punishment without relenting made that impression even stronger. And yet he really was mentally challenged and his line was just explaining his "innocence", that it wasn't him truly but his "aunt".I always love seeing David Dastmalchian pop up and jesus was he creepy in this movie, especially being thinner than usual. I was worried that this movie would make me like The Suicide Squad less because of his character but thankfully I think not. but yeah he was really fucked up.To be honest I have no idea how to interpret the theme that was running throughout of the fight against God. Ultimately Keller Dover did become a demon but he still kept his faith in God.There were so many pieces and clues left throughout the movie. When Loki first went into the house I noticed that the markings on the wall were similar to the pendant in the priest's basement, but I didn't see it was the same maze that was being painted. I started suspecting that the murderer in the basement was the "aunt"'s husband when Keller visited her, but the reveal when Loki looks at the picture he had seen before was just crazy.Also the cinematography was gorgeous, there were so many beautiful shots. But I see now that Deakins was the cinematographer so that's really no surpriseedit: Also the shot where they reveal Paul Dano's face after hiding his head behind the broken sink... damn. Also I don't think there was a single joke in the movie except for when Loki says "I hope I don't find two girls here" or something along those lines. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3C3h27J
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts