Red sparrow shows rape in all its forms, and as a person familiar with it, I fiend it haunting.


Edit: no idea where the "fiend" comes from. It's "find", obviously.I am very familiar with being forced into things I didn'twant to do, and more familiar with being coerced into those things. I often do not continue watching movies when these themes are brought up, and after the first rape scene, I knew it was a bad idea to go on.But the movie shows the act in all of its ugliness and dehumanisation, and I couldn't bring myself to stop watching. I actually felt like the movie captured how vile it is, while not completely, very realistically. It also shows the situations were consent is not true consent, and how going along with it to spare yourself harm is still, in the end, the same thing.It also shows the ugliness of how you take back control in situations like that. That even that control is just a thread you hold onto.I also recognize how the ugliness shown is tied in with a likeness of putin as the main antagonist. I think this is a clever way of relating to the real life versions path to power.I absolutely accept the anti Russian propaganda as a fact; in the face of how the power of the movie speaks to my personal sensibilities, it seems negligible.I hope this isn't too convoluted. This is very much my stream of consciousness while watching the film. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3ajKQ3Z
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts