Anyone got love for The Mummy Returns?


I'll be the first to admit that this is a bloated, CGI heavy, far fetched flick that doesn't live up to the heights of the original '99 movie ... but damn is it still a fantastic fun adventure that pushes Entertainment value to the max!I feel most people simply remember TMR for its wonky PS2 Scorpion King CGi (which is a fair criticism btw) but it's got so much more going for it than I think it gets credit for. Brendan Fraser & Rachel Weisz's chemistry is fantastic and they are the perfect leads for such a lively fantasy adventure. The film still retains the same charm of the original and has a fair few standout moments: The Bus Chase, Water Bending, the creepy Forest monkeys & I think the finale in the pyramid is pure fun filled madness.Let's be real, this movie was never going to garner critical acclaim or win a tonne of accolades, but I don't think it deserves to be remembered purely as a dud (or even forgotten altogether). If I watch The Mummy, I pretty much always watch the Mummy Returns so I guess that's good enough proof that it's a competent & rewatchable sequel. I would even go as far as to say it's legitimately a good movie!Anyone with me? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3n7w2IV
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts