Prisoners(2013) is an amazing movie and I can't stop thinking about it!


I watched Prisoners(2013) by Denis Villeneuve a few hours back and I can't stop thinking about it at all. It's intense, gripping and layered.The symbolism used in the movie, the way each main character is a "prisoner" in his own external/internal prison , the ambiguous ending all blew me away.The scene towards the end where Detective Loki (Jake Gyllenhaal) drives to the hospital with Anna struggling for life is THE most intense scene I've ever watched and I believe that scene is what I'm going to remember this movie by.But I still have one question about the end of the movie - Why did the psycho aunt decide to inject Anna with LSD even though Loki was knocking on the door? I'm assuming she heard the knock becauseShe pauses and looks when Loki's car enters the driveway. Or, this can also be interpreted as her hearing Anna move around in the other room, having partly regained consciousness.Loki hears the floorboard creak when the aunt is injecting LSD into Anna's veins. So, the room where Anna is in must be close to the door and the aunt should've heard the knock, right?If she would have answered the door, Loki would have told her about Alex and just walked off without any suspicion and Anna/Keller Dover(Hugh Jackman) would likely never have been found. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3aq4kVd
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts