I saw Uncut Gems yesterday and it was fucking unbelievable and Adam Sandler's performance was one of the best things I've seen in recent Hollywood fare.


Once in a while a Hollywood movie comes from nowhere and grabs you with its style and characters which effortlessly pulls you into its world as if you were LIVING in it. That's what I like most about the movies where I get the feeling that I am actually living inside it akin to a VR experience of sorts. Its not so rare but I hardly expect anything that Hollywood puts out these days that would be even remotely interesting enough to give me that experience and which does not feel like they are blatantly 'selling' me their product based on their power and influence, and Uncut Gems did it and so does A24 mostly.I didn't know almost anything about the movie except a couple things like someone who brought it to my attention by saying it was damn good and said it gave them anxiety and shit and that it was a thriller and Adam Sandler was in it. That's all I needed to connect the dots and I am smart and aware enough to know that when Sandler stares in a movie which is supposedly much different than the stuff that he usually does, it'd be worth watching. Also I haven't really seen any other Sandler movie but a few scenes from That's my Boy and I can tell the kinds of movies he usually makes.​Anyways this wasn't a review or anything but a recommendation and praise about this movie and I highly encourage anyone who hasn't seen it yet to go watch it ASAP. All I can tell is that you will either hate it or love it. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3iu2BiM
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts